Netgear r6800 Available packages memory

Hi,
I am using OpenWrt 21.02.2 on r6800. All is fine with the exception that I have only 26MB out of 128 MB for installing SW by looking at Luci-Software.
It seems that I have space...
Probably I need to mention that I am using https://chef.libremesh.org/ to create a customized build with some packages included.
Can someone help me to fix the issue if there is really an issue? However my other router MIR3G has around 100MB free, using same Openwrt build and similar HW.
Thanks

root@OpenWrt:~# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                 7.3M      7.3M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                   123.1M      6.3M    116.8M   5% /tmp
/dev/ubi0_1              24.8M    152.0K     23.3M   1% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay       24.8M    152.0K     23.3M   1% /
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev
root@OpenWrt:~#

The constraints of the vendor partitioning often don't leave much room, apparently about 40 MB in total for yours:

1 Like

Thanks @slh , just a final question... can I do something about the vendor partitioning ( well I have some basic linux knowedge, but still I am an accountant, so if it is something easy I experiment) or just live with it and if necessary use extroot?
Thanks
Kind regards
K

In theory, if you know very well what you're doing and are willing to risk hard bricking your device, maybe.

In practice, especially on NAND and dealing with dual-firmware devices, with the bootloader expecting partitions to be at certain offsets, no.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.