Netgear 4300 for OpenWrt in 2022

Oh ? My bad I didn't check. I was so sure that devices from this generation had 64MB only.
So if you don't mind using an RC, 22.03 should work fine on your device. Actually we are in uncertainty about the status of RC3 as no announcement has been done (yet). It's been a week since release.

Just installed Openwrt on NetgearV2, all through GUI even though wiki https://openwrt.org/toh/netgear/wndr4300_v2#installation mention ssh method. I went with the GUI method all the way.

1. Installed latest squashfs-factory .img in netgear gui
  2. flashed latest squashfs-sysupgrade from openwrt GUI.

so far so good. Ignore the uptime, took screenshot after a manual restart to check.

1 Like

the 2nd step feels kind of unnecessary ...

I did it because of this Solved: Netgear WNDR4500v3 - brick / Bootloop after first reboot

1 Like

Just took out the old Netgear WNDR4300 I got from a friend last year to give to another friend. I loaded the most current stable 21.xx . Of course it can only do about 150mbps via CPU only but with software acceleration on it can do up to 400ish mbps.I'm giving it to my other friend this so he can use it as just a pure wired router and slap his used Ruckus R510 for Wifi. He hasn't bothered upgrading his bandwidth in a log while since he lives alone and There's only comcast at the moment in his area. In fact will be upgrading his router and modem since his modem been the bottle neck since I think he has 200mbps, but his only modem can do the max of 125mbps. He's old router WNDR4500 died and was using freshtomato and had NO CTF or hwnat on the version he was using since his was an in between'er that had the mips CPU and had to use the ac firmware which did not provide hwnat.

4300V1 or 4300V2?

v1 then again bandwidth tested is asymmetrical on comcast.. which is all he needs for now .