I have a 4th gen Apple TV which I connected to my guest zone. I would like to allow access from devices on my LAN zone, but am unclear which traffic rules to setup to do so. My reasoning for putting the apple tv on the guest zone is to allow guests to our house on the guest zone to use it (airplay mostly) and to allow family members on the LAN zone to do the same.
I think I have 2 fundemantal questions:
- What are the minimal traffic rules I need to do this?
- Do I have the syntax in the traffic rule itself correct?
From reading this article, it seems that there are only 2 I need:
- UDP port 5353 is needed for apple's bonjour service which I understand allows iOS devices to find the apple tv and for the apple tv to find them.
- TCP port 3689 is needed if I want to share itunes libraries
I am assuming that:
- bonjour service needs to go from LAN --> guest and from guest --> LAN
- itunes sharing only needs to go from LAN --> guest
I would think the following would get it done, but I cannot see the apple tv from devices on the LAN zone with these two rules. Any suggestions are appreciated.