Need New DavidC502 Thread

Supported, yes, included, no idea.

The only issue that i got with my WRT3200acm is the Wifi performance/range in generall but it really got better from time to time...
Afaik there are no other issues but i'm not a experienced power user, so i can't tell you for 100% if there are other deal braking issues.
I'm using davidc's build from the beginning on (I haven't tried that crappy stock fw, just one time to test wifi) with SQM, Adblock, dnscrypt, ebtables and a few custom fw rules and im very happy.
And to be honest i don't like the look of that device either, compared to other AC devices... I do like the look of my little DIR-860L running as smart switch + AP ! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I make a fork of Kaloz github and now in the process of the patching for:

• remove weird country selection procedure, preventing 5G to operate at full power in my country
  • remove 5G DFS@5490 - it doesn't needed by local regulations as well
  • (seems like) make noscan working again

I post a link here then i have some release.

I use Dlenp from Aliexpress - works well for me.

@T-Troll seems to be fixed in mwlwifi-20180615.

@hnyman confused by your response you even detailed this in another thread here namely with the WRT3200ACM and R7800:

Speaking of liking the "looks" of a device, now that the WRT32X is supported, think this will by my next router. Probably the best looking router with black enclosure /blue LEDs :slight_smile:

Why?
I just asked for details about your claim that the OEM firmware in the WRT series does support frequency scaling. Because that is news to me.
In the message you quoted, I referred to 3rd-party things like Turris Omnia, and the RFC driver by Gregory Clement, but I nothing about Linksys OEM firmware.

Would be nice if that is true, because that would enable us to find Linksys-approved version of the driver.

On many reviews for the WRT3200ACM and WR32X power consumption tests showed it scale from about 11W to 14W depending on usage. I assumed this 25% increase was CPU and RF scaling based on demand. Perhaps this assumption was wrong based on what you're saying here, and it has more to do with just RF being either transmitting or idling.

Our processor 88f6820 economical, see how the Power changes from frequency change.
power

1 Like

@davidc502

FYI: Your new images are missing from the r7200 directory

Is there a newer build avalible than r7093 ?

That's been my point. There is nothing to support this capability in OpenWrt. But this might not be the same chip, ours tops out at 1.8GHz and probably has the same number of steps.

The directory is staged.

Should have the build today or tomorrow.

2 Likes

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/services/vpn/openvpn/client

Used this guide to do most of it by script :hugs: I'm in the uk so obviously changed the steps accordingly.

It now seems to be working fine :grinning:

Only wonder is if I can "clean up" things.

Thanks. I now see r7210 from yesterday and will give it a try. Your last few builds have been great for me, so thanks for all your work on this project.

Dear Dave Hello and I hope that you have been well.
On r7210 - when I set a static IP Address on the router - the internet connection dies - the router will not resolve internet addresses. However, I am just offering feedback. I really do appreciate all your hard work and assistance. I know that it is a labor of love but I know it isn't easy either.
The last few build have been rock solid. I only tested r7210 on a pair of WRT3200ACM routers.
Also how does one go about setting up wireless on the latest build?
Any feedback regarding these issues will be appreciated. Again - thanks Dave Sincerely

Peace,

directnupe

PS - I just tried r7210 and my WRT1200AC V1 and the same issue persisted. When I set new static IP address on Lan the router become where it refused internet connections. I do not know if anyone else is experiencing this as well. If there is a fix - I am all ears. Again - I am just reporting my experience.

@davidc, have you seen the following issue ?: Pre-compiled updated mwlwifi drivers for stable releases
I do have this problem as well with your latest build, would be great if you can fix this in the next build or tell me how to fix it in r7093...

Yeah, I'm one of those who recently found their way here (assisted by the recent price drop in the WRT32X).

One question: that relatively recent page on the Linksys forum suggests the WRT32X can only be flashed via serial console (that was for the 3200ACM firmware) but more recent posts in this thread suggest that DavidC502s specific WRT32X firmwares can be flashed via the web GUI from the stock Linksys firmware. There's no indication on his own site as to which is the case. Can anyone confirm for me, please?

The Davidc502 build and daily Snapshot builds can be flashed from Linksys Venom GUI.
I have done both recently without issue.

1 Like