Need help flash my EMG2926-Q10A

So I am trying to flash OpenWRT to my router. I went to my router page

If I am correct I am supposed to start from " Upgrade from ZyXEL stock firmware " I am already encountering an error at the first step.

" Log on to the router console with the following command and the password 1234:

ssh -oKexAlgorithms=+diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 root@192.168.1.1"

So just in case I changed my router account name to root. I also changed the ip to my own. This is what I ended up with

ssh -oKexAlgorithms=+diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 root@192.168.0.1

This command is returning an error to me

ssh: connect to host 192.168.0.1 port 22: Connection refused

I am on a fresh linux mint install with ssh correctly installed. I also have my router firewall turned off. If it matters or can help anyone with assisting me, my isp is Videotron.

If anyone could help me resolve this and get OpenWRT flashed onto my router it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

NBG6716 and EMG2926-Q10A are not the same device, while they share some similarities, there are also some considerable differences. At this point the EMG2926-Q10A is not supported and trying to force an nbg6717 image onto it would be dangerous and guaranteed not to succeed.

1 Like

Okay, thank you very much for the quick response.
Capture

I had just looked at that and assumed it worked. I did not look at it too in depth.

Hmmm... the NBG6716 devicepage says this:

ZyXEL NBG6716

Also known as ZyXEL Media Router AC 1750 Ultimate Performance or ZyXEL EMG2926-Q10A.

See also https://forum.archive.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=68668

I have read that, but NBG6716 and EMG2926-Q10A are looking quite different. Different flash sizes (and with that inevitably different flash partitioning) and different wireless solutions - and as a consequence different hardware IDs enforced in the bootloader (and yes, different FCC IDs).

1 Like