WRT1900ACS v2 - Need help converting old config from swconfig to DSA 21.02.1

Hi everyone, I decided to upgrade my wrt1900acs v2 to 21.02.1 stable from 19.07.8 and I ran into some problems with vlans in new build. I was following this tutorial which works fine on 19.07.8 and noticed switch tab is missing from luci in 21.02.1. I did some research to config it by my self either through luci or cli but I got more lost since I'm novice in networking and Linux field. so i had to revert back to 19.07.8.
I was wondering if someone can help me apply my previous config to the new build using luci or cli.
here's my old config:

config switch
	option name 'switch0'
	option reset '1'
	option enable_vlan '1'

config switch_vlan
	option device 'switch0'
	option vlan '1'
	option vid '21'
	option ports '5t 2 1 0'

config switch_vlan
	option device 'switch0'
	option vlan '2'
	option ports '6t 4'
	option vid '11'

config switch_vlan
	option device 'switch0'
	option vlan '3'
	option ports '5t 3'
	option vid '41'

Hi,

have you tried Mini tutorial for DSA network config ?

1 Like

Hey, thanks for replying
Yes I've read that one too but it's too complicated for me to understand it.
in my old config i turned off LAN 1 from lan interface and untagged it in new vlan 41 that i created.
In DSA version i'm not sure how can I achieve same result correctly. like do i have to remove it from bridged ports in br-lan like below and untag it from new VLAN that I created?

config device
	option name 'br-lan'
	option type 'bridge'
	list ports 'lan1'
	list ports 'lan2'
	list ports 'lan3'

also how can I tag vlan to cpu in dsa? is it automatic?

In your previous config, LAN1 and WAN are standalone and untagged, so you don't need to configure VLANs.
Just move LAN1 out of the bridge and set it up like a standalone interface (WAN is already standalone by default).

1 Like

thank you so much this fixed my problem.
i just made a simple thing complicated by overthinking. lol

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.