i'm in need for a new Router as my Netgear R7000 running DDWRT is too slow for 1000Mbit/s rate via Cable. I may want to give OpenWRT a try and asking you for some advise on which devices fits my needs.
- Can handle 1000Mbit/s via WAN port
- 2,4 and 5 Ghz WIFI
- Embedded Devices should connect to WIFI
- WIFI speed is not that important
- At least one USB3 Port
- Good/Average VPN Performance
- Low power consumption (10-20W max.)
- Installing Perl packages via CPAN
- Willing to pay up to 200€, but if there is only a more expensive device which meet all requirements, it'll be okay too
As far as a read the documentation and forum:
--> 2. Means, it can be no Device with Broadcom Chip because no driver exists for 5Ghz?
--> 3. Linksys has some Problems with WIFI for Embedded Devices
If these Assumptions are right, i may could use the "Ideal for OpenWrt" if there would be the Info for 1.
Thanks for any thoughts or opinions.
Additional question: Is there a working live demo online for OpenWRT?