NanoPI R2S is a great OpenWrt device

Update to my previous post on performance Here...

I started to find that after a day or so of operating, my device was having trouble with SQM at my speeds. While on a WebEx meeting yesterday, I ran the speedtest-netperf.sh script on another Linux host (outside of the NanoPi) and noticed some bad side effects. With my SQM + VMware based OpenWrt VM previously, I could easily run any speed test and not suffer any noticeable consequences while on web meetings. Amazing how well SQM can work, really.

Performing the same tests would max out the CPU cores on the NanoPi R2S and about 50% of the time I would literally lose audio and video on my WebEx meeting. SQM stats indicated SQM latency of 8-9 seconds and dropped ACKs between 2,000-3,500 pps over several seconds at a time.

I switched from layer_cake to piece_of_cake and noticed pretty much the same behavior. Given that I have been so spoiled by CAKE as opposed to other qdiscs, I can't imagine switching back to a "lesser" qdisc just to justify sticking with this device at the moment.

I'm not getting rid of it at this point, but I have switched back over to my OpenWrt VM. I am confident this great community will continue to tweak and tune it and it may very well reach a point where I can go back to the NanoPi.

Is anyone else having the same experience at this point?