MT7621 + MT7615 need help locating EEPROM location

Recently I bought an "Oray X3A" (AC1200 dual band) router. It's based on some custom version of OpenWRT, and I'd like to get it officialy supported.
The problem I'm running into is that I can only locate one EEPROM block in the factory partition (I also looked into other partitions and couldn't find anything related), and I think I should get two, one for 2.4G and one for 5G? However I also read that a single MT7615 chip can be configured to run 2.4G and 5G simultaneously. So how can configure it? Thanks.
bootlog
factory.bin

By the way, the 2.4G wifi MAC address is located in another partition called "bdinfo", but there's nothing else other than that there.

Some additional information dumped from the original firmware

The driver should notice the DBDC bit enum value set in that eeprom block and use the appropriate code path to enable it. The value at 0x3E seems to indicate that this is the case.

You can deal with that completely in the dts. Also take note of the LAN and WAN mac addresses. Look at the other dts, in particular the nvmem-cell bindings.

2 Likes

Thanks! I've digged through the dts files and found some similar devices which use a single MT7615 chip for both 2.4G and 5G wifi (e.g. JCG Y2).
One more question tho, which driver should I use? I saw some devices using the "pci14c3,7615" driver instead of the "mediatek,mt76" driver. And looking at the original dmesg log it seems like it's using the "pci14c3,7615" driver?

Ended up using the mt76 driver, works flawlessly. Thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.