Mt7621.dtsi error while building

The device I'm building is a Unifi 6 Lite using v21.02 and it's failing below. I've been building for this device for about a year now but the last update I did was in September for this version. V22.03 I can successfully complete without issue.

My google foo is failing on this one so I need some direction.

/dts/mt7621.dtsi:478.16-483.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /ethernet@1e100000/mac@1: Reference to non-existent node or label "macaddr_factory_e000"

make[5]: *** [Makefile:207:openwrt-21.02/build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/linux-ramips_mt7621/image-mt7621_gnubee_gb-pc2.dtb] Error2

Are you building with local commits? Did you update your tree to the latest upstream and rebase on top of that?

Your error is stated clearly - there's an absent node:

Reference to non-existent node or label "macaddr_factory_e000"

ref:

1 Like

Thank you..."tricksol" is me and since no one could answer me here I posted the issue on the git hub and the issue was patched in 5 hours. I can confirm that I can build now and this topic will be closed.

1 Like

Commit 2a6ef7f53d7b ("ramips: fix GB-PC1 and GB-PC2 LEDs") from master was cherry-picked directly into 21.02 without considering that it references recent changes to the mt7621.dtsi.

arinc9 Can you look at this?

EDIT: Completely unnecessary mention. The github issue already had a fix... Should read everything. Not deleting this redundant comment since it has been marked as a "solution" (which it isn't - pointing to the github issue is)

2 Likes

@mTek I've marked the solution here (topic will auto-close). I suppose a dev will close the GitHub issue once arinc's patch has been merged.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.