MT7621 - 21.02/Master feedback firmware image test - IPV6 offload and disabled Flow Control

Thanks for report.

1 Like

I have a D-Link DIR-1960 (same as 2660) with the mt7621. Is there a snapshot available for my device with the more recent additions/changes?

IPV6 offload support is now in the official openwrt repos and latest images

Disabled flow control is only on my repo - https://gitlab.com/db260179/openwrt-base

You need to build the code to make an image.

1 Like

Hey @db260179 there was a thread listed regarding 5.10 kernel builds, and someone apparently back-ported 5.12 code to fix offload on it. Not sure how this impacts your builds.

My original patched did have that, but when pushing upstream, was told

Please remove the FLOW_ACT_MANGLE_HDR_TYPE_IP6 related code. The hardware does not support IPv6 NAT, only routing.

So not sure what is going on there?

Hello, need a little help.

I had a hootoo/strong 1200 device running openwrt.

I tried to create a patch for my device, edited the dts files, added the compatiblity for network etc.

After building i thought of flashing the initramfs image in order to "test" the firmware before running sysupgrade, thinking initramfs doesn't "write" anything on the device but i was wrong.

Unfortunately flashing the initramfs kernel on the device bricked it and i cannot connect to it via putty.

Does flashing initramfs image via openwrt can brick the device?

Any tips on recovering the device? do I need to connect to serial port?

Thanks,
St96

RAM booting an initramfs image over tftp doesn't write to flash by itself (although you can manually write to flash from the running initramfs booted system), but that's not what you have done.

So you did write the initramfs image to flash, before having tested it - that replaced the installed image and you're left with whatever the initramfs image is giving you.

You should have only RAM booted it from the device's bootloader via tftp over the network, that way the initramfs image is only executed in RAM and never written to flash.

Thanks for your reply. so hard way to learn that that flashing initramfs image can also brick the device.

I will try to solder headers into the device and attempt recovery. Hope I am able to get the device back running.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.