Moving from stock XD3200 OpenWrt FW to LEDE

I have an XD3200 with the OEM OpenWrt installed, and am looking to install LEDE. I built a version of LEDE, but when I perform an upgrade through LuCI, I get this error:

The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform.

The filename of the FW I am trying to install is: lede-ar71xx-generic-xd3200-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Any thoughts?

Upgrade instruction is included in commit message with support for this device.

1 Like

Yes, I did finally find that. Thank you!

Can ongoing LEDE updates to this device be done via LEDE's LUCI interface or will they always need to be done in the console?

Yes, only initial flash is different as the vendor firmware uses rootfs+kernel order in image.

Great, I also tried the upgrade path Vendor->OpenWRT->LEDE on this device using LUCI and got an error about bin format so I wasn't sure if it was an ongoing issue.

AFAIK, this device is not supported in any official OpenWrt code.

me too, since I had a few spares I tried to use sysupgrade -F to force it, as a result I got these jffs errors during boot and figured the flashlayout was perhaps changed, or the jffs drivers.

Out of options I tried flashing a lede-fw from a different but similar arch router which i knew worked, hoping it was gonna fix layout probs etc. After this FW i was able to flash using the standard XD3200 lede fw, reproduced twice succesfully.

Edit: i used the Archer C7 v2 bin to accomplish this. (which I renamed - see below - for a previous case)

/srv/tftp# ls -la

-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody root 16252928 Aug 29 15:28 ArcherC7v2_tp_recovery.bin