Missing Network->Switch menu

On one of my routers (the edgerouter), the web interface for Network->Switch is missing.
Other menu items under Network like Interfaces, DHCP, Diagnostics, etc do exist. Only the Switch is missing.
This is weird. I wonder if this can be added manually.

version, iirc this target has moved to DSA on master

I am new to this. What is DSA ?

Which version of OpenWrt did you install?

Model UBNT_E100 (CN5020p1.1-500-SCP)
Architecture UBNT_E100 (CN5020p1.1-500-SCP)
Firmware Version OpenWrt 19.07.3 r11063-85e04e9f46 / LuCI openwrt-19.07 branch git-20.136.49537-fb2f363
Kernel Version 4.14.180

Is your device Edgerouter or UBNT_E100???

Only the snapshot builds (eg. master) switched to DSA. So on 19.07 you should definitely see the switch page.

DSA means every switch port is handled like a real ethernet port and are named lan1, lan2, ...
So you have to setup your switch with bridges and interface vlans instead of with swconfig.

1 Like

The device is EdgeRouter LITE.

I see. So I just need to use the swconfig cli to manage it.

What's the reason for moving to DSA?

The preferred contemporary driver architecture for ethernet switches in the Linux kernel is DSA

1 Like

Edgerouter Lite does not have a switch. The three ports are independently connected to the CPU, like cards in an x86 box.

2 Likes

This makes a lot of sense. The box indeed has independent hw ports, they are hardcoded like eth0, eth1, eth2 etc.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.