Missing libc dependencies

I had this issue before (with 17.01) but the problem went away with 18.06.0 (it was fine after upgrading to 18.06.01 as well).

Unfortunately today i wanted to reload from scratch, and i re-flashed the 18.06.01 (not saving settings) and its happening again :frowning:

Any fix for this would be much appreciated but what i need in the mean time is how to get the original 18.06.0 for my device? I want to flash 18.06.0 again and see if the problem goes away then upgrade to .01

My Device:
WRT1900ACS (mamba)

FYI
--force-depends will work to get some packages installed but these libc dependencies (there are multiple for some packages) keep coming up

example 1 :

root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install luci-app-minidlna
Installing luci-app-minidlna (git-19.011.54896-1f423b1-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/18.06.1/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3/luci/luci-app-minidlna_git-19.011.54896-1f423b1-1_all.ipk
Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for luci-app-minidlna:
 *      libc *
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-app-minidlna.

i reflashed18.06.01 again and its working (no missing dependencies warnings)
idk what to say

The bottom of the first downloads.openwrt.org page has links to older releases. Their use is of course usually not recommended.

1 Like

IIRC 18.06.0 had a kernel bug with ipv6.

thanks do you know what target i should pick?

How did you get past this? I've tried on two different systems, centos7 and centos8 build environments. I cannot find anything that seems to work using google or even on this site (yet).