MIPS64 $(REAL_TARGET_GNU_NAME) reports musl instead of muslabi64

I am working on incorporating various xxxxx-openwrt-linux-muslxxxx tuples to rust-lang so that it makes it easier for me to do things with the package.

$(REAL_TARGET_GNU_NAME) is defined in rules.mk (https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/87d489f67a35968242cd4f192dc363dc87056844/rules.mk#L122) and this is what I use to pull the TARGET's tuple.

They are questioning the ABI that MIPS64 targets return. $(REAL_TARGET_GNU_NAME) returns mips64-openwrt-linux-musl, and LLVM conventions says it should be mips64-openwrt-linux-muslabi64

So, is there a reason its reporting musl rather than muslabi64 (I'm assuming there either is, or was at some point and it just never got updated. Mips64 targets are sparse).

ping @daniel - Any thoughts?

The MIPS64 tree uses -march=octeon+, which is a 32-bit ABI. However, neggles pointed out it's using -mabi=64, so..

My bad, gave you the wrong info - we're using the N64 ABI after all, don't know if that means the final bit of the tuple needs to change or not though...

bump. Still looking for an answer from people more knowledgeable on the subject so I can figure out what needs to be done.

In case someone else is searching in the future, and so I can close this out.

This is because LLVM doesn't recognize muslabi64 for mips64 targets

From the rust-lang tuple:
// LLVM doesn't recognize "muslabi64" yet.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.