Miniupnp config documentation

Is there proper documentation for Miniupnpd around somewhere?

On the forum there is mention of stun server but documentation on the wiki and sources does not mention the configfile format or layout for this in the sources I see this in the init.d the following witch mentions stun and many settings that are not mentioned in the wiki:

I have 4g internet behind a cgnat, I also have a crappy providers modem I have to use as it has a tag locked sim (it will only work if the first digits of the IMEI number match a range stored in the sim).

So I cant stick my sim card into another router so I have set up dmz set to forward all to my openwrt router from the providers router and are trying to get UPNP working.
upnp previously worked withwith the providers router.

config_get external_iface config external_iface
	config_get external_iface6 config external_iface6
	config_get external_zone config external_zone
	config_get external_ip config external_ip
	config_get internal_iface config internal_iface
	config_get port config port 5000
	config_get upload config upload
	config_get download config download
	config_get_bool log_output config log_output 0
	config_get config_file config config_file
	config_get serial_number config serial_number
	config_get model_number config model_number
	config_get uuid config uuid
	config_get use_stun config use_stun 0
	config_get stun_host config stun_host
	config_get stun_port config stun_port
	config_get notify_interval config notify_interval
	config_get presentation_url config presentation_url
	config_get upnp_lease_file config upnp_lease_file
	config_get clean_ruleset_threshold config clean_ruleset_threshold
	config_get clean_ruleset_interval config clean_ruleset_interval
	config_get ipv6_disable config ipv6_disable 0
	config_get ext_ip_reserved_ignore config ext_ip_reserved_ignore 0

config_load "upnpd"
	upnpd_write_bool enable_natpmp 1
	upnpd_write_bool enable_upnp 1
	upnpd_write_bool secure_mode 1
	upnpd_write_bool system_uptime 1
	upnpd_write_bool igdv1 0 force_igd_desc_v1
	upnpd_write_bool use_stun 0 ext_perform_stun
	upnpd_write_bool ipv6_disable $ipv6_disable
	upnpd_write_bool ext_ip_reserved_ignore $ext_ip_reserved_ignore

I have created a config file with the below does this look correct and do I have to open firewall ports or something?

config upnpd 'config'
	option enabled '1'
	option enable_natpmp '1'
	option enable_upnp '1'
	option download '1024'
	option upload '512'
	option log_output '1'
	option external_iface 'Wan'
	option internal_iface 'Adults_Lan, Kids_Lan'
	option port '5000'
	option upnp_lease_file '/var/run/miniupnpd.leases'
	option igdv1 '1'
	option ext_ip_reserved_ignore '1'
	option uuid '78775f9e-c20d-4a56-943c-6126cbf626d9'
	option use_stun '1'
	option stun_host 'stun.2talk.co.nz'
	option stun_port '3478'

This is the error I get in my kernel log :

daemon.info miniupnpd[4415]: system uptime is 43 seconds
daemon.info miniupnpd[4415]: Reloading rules from lease file
daemon.info miniupnpd[4415]: version 2.2.1 starting NAT-PMP/PCP UPnP-IGD ext if eth1 BOOTID=1610053104
daemon.info miniupnpd[4415]: specific IPv6 ext if
daemon.info miniupnpd[4415]: STUN: Performing with host=stun.2talk.co.nz and port=3478 ...
daemon.debug miniupnpd[4415]: resolve_stun_host: stun.2talk.co.nz:3478 => 27.111.14.93:3478
daemon.info miniupnpd[4415]: perform_stun: local ports 34006 35130 45789 47538
daemon.debug miniupnpd[4415]: wait_for_stun_responses: waiting 3 secs and 0 usecs
daemon.debug miniupnpd[4415]: wait_for_stun_responses: select(): no more responses
daemon.debug miniupnpd[4415]: wait_for_stun_responses: waiting 3 secs and 0 usecs
daemon.debug miniupnpd[4415]: wait_for_stun_responses: select(): no more responses
daemon.err miniupnpd[4415]: STUN: Performing STUN failed: No such device or address
daemon.err miniupnpd[4415]: Performing STUN failed. EXITING
1 Like

I'd like to point out all these issues are resolved now as there is now two versions of miniupnpd in the feeds repo supporting v1 and v2 protocol.

The previous issue was caused by source change and default to v2 protocol and the option in the config to fall back to version 1 actually being ignored by microsoft products because of the string in the headdder says v2 even if the response was in the v1 format.
This is a microsoft issue not properly supporting upnp v2 protocol and as far as I am aware this is not going to change.

I was under the impression I required stun for my ccnat to get the external interface and this is why miniupnpd was shutting down but this was incorect.

Using miniupnpd v1 in conjunction with openwrt release 20 sorted my issue and now upnp works with my xbox and windows 10 computer.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.