MiniDlna not visible in Lan

Hi, I have install and conf Minidlna plugin. Server is runing, status page shows files but I can't find and add server on my Windows machine and Yamaha 303 AV. Please help

Are the server and clients on the same subnet? DLNA uses broadcasts, which don't cross subnets. There are workarounds, which may be of use.

What's the output of netstat -alnp | grep minidlna on the server running MiniDLNA?

yes i Can ping from machine with dlna AV Yamaha and vice vera from Laptop

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:9500            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN                                                                                              5263/minidlnad
tcp        0      0 192.168.0.24:9500       192.168.0.192:39792     ESTABLISHED                                                                                         5263/minidlnad
udp        0      0 239.255.255.250:1900    0.0.0.0:*                                                                                                                   5263/minidlnad

tcp 0 0 192.168.0.24:9500 192.168.0.192:39792 ESTABLISHED 5263/minidlnad
it's my phone connected via browser to status page

Apologies - I hit "send" too soon.

I also meant to ask, what are the contents of /etc/config/minidlna ?

config minidlna 'config'
        option user 'minidlna'
        option friendly_name 'OpenWrt DLNA Server'
        option inotify '1'
        option notify_interval '900'
        option serial '12345678'
        option model_number '1'
        option album_art_names 'Cover.jpg/cover.jpg/AlbumArtSmall.jpg/albumartsmall.jpg/AlbumArt.jpg/albumart.jpg/Album.jpg/album.jpg/Folder.jpg/folder.jpg/Thumb.jpg/t>
        option enabled '1'
        list media_dir '/mnt/sda1/music'
        option uuid '2bd30d2e-a19d-4a93-9277-7793a838c9fb'
        option root_container 'M'
        option db_dir '/mnt/sda1/music/base'
        option log_dir '/mnt/sda1/music'
        option port '9500'
        option enable_tivo '1'
        option wide_links '1'
        option interface 'br-lan'

I have try interface lan + br-lan | only lan and only br-lan

It's an odd one. Unless I'm missing something, that config ought to work.

Good spot - the interface name should match the logical (not physical) interface used by the desired network connection. On mine it's "eth0", because I disabled the bridge. Before I disabled the bridge, the interface name was "br-lan". You can double-check the interface name on yours from the server's admin web pages, or from the command line.

My MiniDLNA server on OpenWRT is picked up by Windows clients on the same subnet. File Explorer shows an entry in "This PC" for "OpenWrt DLNA Server" [sic], complete with a pretty penguin icon. It also appears in VLC as a Universal Plug'n'Pray target.

If you want a comparison, here's /etc/config/minidlna from mine:

config minidlna 'config'
        option enabled '1'
        option user 'minidlna'
        option port '8200'
        option interface 'eth0'
        option friendly_name 'OpenWrt DLNA Server'
        option db_dir '/var/run/minidlna'
        option log_dir '/var/log'
        option inotify '1'
        option enable_tivo '0'
        option wide_links '0'
        option strict_dlna '0'
        option notify_interval '900'
        option serial '12345678'
        option model_number '1'
        option root_container '.'
        list media_dir 'A,/mnt/sda3/music'
        list media_dir 'V,/mnt/sda3/video'
        list media_dir 'P,/mnt/sda3/images'
        option album_art_names 'Cover.jpg/cover.jpg/AlbumArtSmall.jpg/albumartsmall.jpg/AlbumArt.jpg/albumart.jpg/Album.jpg/album.jpg/Folder.jpg/folder.jpg/Thumb.jpg/thumb.jpg'
        option presentation_url 'http://192.168.69.40/'
        option uuid 'acb106e2-446a-4a73-ab79-81b841b18aa6'

Hahha thanks! I have paste your conf and modify interface to br-lan (ifconfig shows ip adress on it) + modify ip and now is ok :slight_smile:

1 Like

You're welcome.

I don't - yet - know what every option does, so I can't promise that my configuration is perfect. But it works for me, and I'm glad that it helped you.

1 Like

My turn to thank you. Your query prompted me to take another look at my MiniDLNA installation. I've got OpenWRT running on a WD MyBook Live as a replacement for the vendor-supplied software. It's a low-spec device, with only 256MB RAM. Occasionally some of its services would behave oddly, including the luci interface. In each case, when the odd behaviour occurred, I noticed that the free RAM had been exhausted. A reboot "fixed" the problem... temporarily.

This morning I altered my MiniDLNA configuration to store its database and logs on the internal hard disk instead of in RAM (/var is a symlink to /tmp, which is held in RAM). Let's see how stable the system remains now...