Migrating existing OpenWrt Config to new router

Hi,
I currently have a Ubiquiti ERX running 19.07.6. I have a new Belkin RT3200/Linksys E8450 with the latest Openwrt build.
It took me quite a while to get the ERX config correct. Mostly due to moving the IP TV multicast traffic to a different VLAN.
I've forgotten all the steps I took to setup the ERX.

Is there anyway I can pull a config file (even a partial config) from the ERX and then fire that into the RT3200.
OR is it a case of manually going thru the config and hand-balling it over in to the replacement router? :frowning:

Thanks in advance.

Depends on the config (generally - no).

You will need to migrate from swconfig to DSA in any case.

The save configuration backup makes a tar of all of the config files, which are in text format so you can examine them for reference.

1 Like

Its a pity no one has written a migration utility. Maybe its too complex a task.
I've downloaded the config from the old router and unpacked it.
I'll download a version from the new router and compare formats.

Is there a way of uploading only part of the config into the new router. For example I've got roughly 20 static leases on the DHCP server- can I upload just that part into the new router thru LUCI or do I have to SSH in?

You need to ssh in, and use text editor for copy-paste.

Thanks. I need to do some more research. I thought it would be easier. Can't imagine how painful it would be if you have lots of custom packages installed as well.
I'm planning to keep the new router for a few years so the time should be well spent.