Mesh setup and Opkg

Yeah, I know I but I was referring to editing resolv.conf.

I know... but was it an academic curiosity? IMO, go with the simple (tried & true) method of adding DNS to the lan definition.

1 Like

Hi sorry to interrupt but I had the same problem with a C7 mesh and it was because I forgot to disable: odchpd, firewall, dnsmasq on the nodes (under the system->startup menu). Leave those services running on the gateway node connected to the internet, but disable them on the other nodes that have DHCP disabled. After that I was able to update opkg remotely on the other nodes.

Yes it does.

Is it because the scripts want two radios to work whereas when I install a fresh install of OpenWrt on my Pi it only installs one radio? Or can I add more just by pressing the add button?

The pi only has one radio. Further, the pi does not support simultaneous ap and sta models. Therefore it is not possible to use the pi as a mesh node.

Also worth stating: the pi is a terrible choice for any WiFi ap applications since it a cheap/low end single radio 1x1 WiFi chipset,l and a small antenna - it will never have good range, speed, or multi-client performance.

So, I should by an actual router?

If you want to use the device as an ap, yes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.