Mesh Batman-adv mode query

It's likely your router's hardware, the cards, or lack of drivers. I'd try them on a full distro, like Debian, and see if they come up, to help eliminate router hardware and drivers.

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/ath9k

It certainly doesn't look like the AR9220 is close to current, given that it is pre 802.11ac. SparkLan's board for it is marked "Not recommended for new design".

The fact both the board and the wireless driver work perfectly in an adhoc mesh network with four nodes, its only when I updated to master, that I lost the ability to see the wireless file, is it more likely a software problem.
the reason for updating to master was to implement an 802.11s mesh., with the newer version of Batman and how to configure through etc/config/networks.
Is there an ath10ac driver with a mini-pci interface that supports 802.11s mesh or mini-PCIe interface that you would recommend.
Cheers

The link I posted suggests it is the ath9k driver, not the ath10k driver

Just meant an ath10k driver that works that I could source and buy.

At least in my opinion, you're almost always better off in terms of performance and often in price to buy a good-quality all-in-one router than try to mess with mPCIe cards, quality pigtails, and antennas.

Looking at other posts the Netgear R7800 got a lot of positive reviews, any idea does it support mesh
Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.