Menuconfig paths/options

I am trying to add the luci-proto-relay package to my build but not sure how. Can I somehow add the option to select it in menuconfig? Or is it already there somewhere (I couldn't find it). I gather I can add it with some commands during the build process but would like to see it in the menuconfig builder.

when in make menuconfig

just / (backslash to search):

Symbol: DEFAULT_relayd [=DEFAULT_relayd]                                                                                                         ā”‚  
  ā”‚ Type  : unknown                                                                                                                                  ā”‚  
  ā”‚                                                                                                                                                  ā”‚  
  ā”‚                                                                                                                                                  ā”‚  
  ā”‚ Symbol: PACKAGE_relayd [=n]                                                                                                                      ā”‚  
  ā”‚ Type  : tristate                                                                                                                                 ā”‚  
  ā”‚ Prompt: relayd................................ Transparent routing / relay daemon                                                                ā”‚  
  ā”‚   Location:                                                                                                                                      ā”‚  
  ā”‚     -> Network                                                                                                                                   ā”‚  
  ā”‚ (1)   -> Routing and Redirection                                                                                                                 ā”‚  
  ā”‚   Defined at tmp/.config-package.in:65420                                                                                                        ā”‚  
  ā”‚   Selects: PACKAGE_libc [=y] && PACKAGE_librt [=n] && PACKAGE_libpthread [=y] && PACKAGE_libssp [=n] && PACKAGE_libubox [=y]                     ā”‚  
  ā”‚   Selected by: PACKAGE_luci-proto-relay [=n] 

under NetworK ---> Routing and Redirection ----> relayd

1 Like

@Pippo I see a different result and no mention of luci-proto-relay
relay
so I can select relayd but not the luci interface for it

I think we broke rule number one:

what buildsystem are we talking about ? branch/tag and so on...

About your question I don't know think need to check

Luci ----> protocols ---> luci-proto-relay.............. Support for relayd pseudo bridges

unless we are talking about different stuff

sorry about that Am a noob as you are

just give it a try and see if you get the relay option under protocol in Luci

let me know

dont't know how the dependencies work

package: luci-proto-relay

Name:
    luci-proto-relay
Version:
    git-18.329.26825-5e87083-1
Description:
    Support for relayd pseudo bridges\\ \\
Installed size:
    1kB
Dependencies:
    libc, libssp, relayd
Categories:
    luci---protocols
Repositories:
    luci
Architectures:
    aarch64_cortex-a53, aarch64_cortex-a72, aarch64_generic, arc_arc700, arc_archs, arm_arm1176jzf-s_vfp, arm_arm926ej-s, arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4, arm_cortex-a5_neon-vfpv4, arm_cortex-a7_neon-vfpv4, arm_cortex-a8_vfpv3, arm_cortex-a9, arm_cortex-a9_neon, arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3, arm_fa526, arm_mpcore, arm_mpcore_vfp, arm_xscale, armeb_xscale, i386_pentium4, mips64_octeon, mips_24kc, mips_mips32, mipsel_24kc, mipsel_24kc_24kf, mipsel_74kc, mipsel_mips32, powerpc_464fp, powerpc_8540, x86_64
File size:
    2kB
Maintainer:
    common luci maintainers
Bug report:
    Bug reports
Source code:
    Sources

from here: https://openwrt.org/packages/pkgdata/luci-proto-relay

maybe selecting option under Luci will trigger something else in your .config

try

./scripts/diffconfig.sh > diffconfig # write the changes to diffconfig

from openwrt directory with your different setup

and see what changes

more here:

and here:

Are you sure you ran the feeds update / feeds install commands at the right point in the checkout sequence? Otherwise external packages won't be available.

@Per @Pippo
I think I know what has happened now. I had ran those commands in the past but I had also run distclean a few times. I didn't realize how much distclean cleaned and couldn't remember the sequence of when I had last called the scripts commands. Now I can see the Luci packages in menuconfig

Good change the title post as:

[Solved] your title

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.