Menu bar missing in LuCI after package upgrade

Triggered by the recent discussions about package upgrades, I was curious and upgraded all packages on my FB4040 running 19.07.2.

In LuCI, I went through the list of upgradable packages, clicked one after the other, saving the LuCI packages for the end.

Everything went fine, apart from uci: Entry not found at the end of several package upgrades. It occured intermittently, i.e. with some packages this message occured, with some others it didn't.

When updating uhttpd, the browser window "froze" at some point, but a reload fixed that.

At the end, I upgraded all LuCI packages, one after the other, from top to bottom. Again, several times uci: Entry not found.

I then closed the browser window (or reloaded the page, don't remember exactly), opened a new one, and was instantly presented the last page that I have been on: the LuCI vnstat page. No top menu bar present.

OK, seems to be a problem mit vnstat, so let's remove it via opkg remove luci-app-vnstat.

Reload page resulted in

Failed to execute template dispatcher target for entry '/admin/status/vnstat/graphs'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:74: Failed to load template 'vnstat'.
Error while parsing template '/usr/lib/lua/luci/view/vnstat.htm':
No such file or directory
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:74: in function '__init__'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/util.lua:65: in function 'Template'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:27: in function 'render'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:920: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:919>

I then did rm /tmp/luci-indexcache*, which brought back LuCI, but now instead of the vnstat page, I'm directly landing on the Software page, again without the menu bar at the top:

Yes, browser cache has been cleared.
Yes, I already tried a different browser (Chrome i/o FF).

Any hints how to fix this?

1 Like

rm -r /tmp/luci-* or reboot

4 Likes

rebooting did the trick.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.