Make package/<package>/compile: can I change the output directory?

From https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/toolchain/using_the_sdk#compile_packages :

After the compilation is finished, the generated .ipk files are placed in the bin/packages and bin/targets directories inside the directory you extracted the SDK into.

Is there a way to change that bin/packages subdir the packages placed into?

You can define an alternative for the "bin" directory with the option "CONFIG_BINARY_FOLDER" (use "make menuconfig" and search for it. It is hidden behind "Advanced configuration options")

3 Likes

Hmm, I don't see it in the "Advanced configuration options".
Search in menuconfig gives following:

Symbol: BINARY_FOLDER [=]
Type  : string
Defined at Config-build.in:2221

Did you really enable "Advanced configuration options" (CONFIG_DEVEL)?

1 Like

yes:

Symbol: DEVEL [=y]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
 Type  : bool                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
 Defined at Config-build.in:2213

Here is how the menu looks like for me:
изображение