LUCI wifi scan not working for 2.4 Mhz on ath79 for OpenWrt 22.03

Hi, this bug is still present, and it affects at least 4 different router models:

LUCI wifi scan not working for 2.4 Mhz on ath79 for OpenWrt 22.03 · Issue #10158 · openwrt/openwrt (github.com)

@humaita - if you want to notify people of a bug, it is best to do so in a new thread. this thread is not here for bug reports -- if anything, it is actually kind of the opposite.

Bugs can be reported in the developer section or in the 'installing and using openwrt' section... or conversely, wait until the official announcement for 22.03.0 and put it there.

@tmomas - could you split this thread at @humaita’s first comment so that it can get appropriate attention (and not clutter this thread which is not intended to be a troubleshooting post at all). Thanks!

5 Likes

try this:
just edit etc/config/uhttpd
you ll find:
option ubus_prefix '/ubus'
change it like this
#option ubus_prefix '/ubus'
reboot
just a try

1 Like

Hi, thank you for the feedback. I tested this and it did not solve the problem.

What wifi mode do you configure it in? I found that the wifi scan function doesn't work in LuCI when configured as "Client" but works ok in the "Access point" mode (or in the default state after a configuration reset). 5Ghz radio has similar problem. However the scan function (2.4Ghz or 5Ghz) does work from CLI. I encountered this problem with 22.03.0-rc6.

Hi, thank you for the feedback. I am using it in client mode. And yes, CLI works. 5Ghz works for me, only 2,4Mhz is not scanning. What router are you using? Please add the routers name to the bug report -- this might help debugging / testing.

I am using an ipq4019 router - Linksys MR6350, which is not officially supported by OpenWrt. I built my own OpenWrt firmware based on Linksys MR8300, which has the same SOC, with necessary modifications (wifi board-2, dts and a few more file). So my information is mainly for reference and you may want to seek MR8300 (and maybe EA8300) user's feedback.

1 Like

I have a similar problem. I use Archer C6 V2 JP. I updated OpenWrt from 21.02.3 to 22.03.0. Wifi scan for 5 GHz became failed. I backed to 21.02.3 through Luci, then My C6 bricked. Fortunately, I could restore by TFTP method and the function of Wifi scan came back.

1 Like

Hi, it turns out the problem occurs in ujail enabled devices. A workaround for now is
rm /sbin/ujail && reboot

A patch is on the way: luci-mod-network: on some platforms, scanning for wireless 2.4G networks does not work since 22.03 RC1 · Issue #6153 · openwrt/luci (github.com)

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.