Looking for factory image for TP-Link TL-WPA8630P(UK) V2.0

I have two TL-WPA8630P(UK) V2.0 devices. I've been Googling and reading developer threads here and on github and I'm a bit alarmed at all the apparently different versions of this device with different partition tables, and I note that the factory images for them have been pulled from the main OpenWRT download site.

My devices have (had) firmware version 2.0.2 Build 20170509 Rel.58359, which I haven't found mentioned anywhere at all. They claim not to be able to upgrade themselves to newer TP-Link firmware.

I note though that TP-Link's own web site for the UK offers another firmware, TL-WPA8630P(EU)_V2_171018 published 2017-10-18. Feeling I was rather taking my device's life in my hands as I flashed this new EU version on a UK device. Still, it was a success, and I still have two functioning devices. :smiley:

The updated one now shows firmware version 2.0.3 Build 20171018 Rel.36564, which may (or may not) be enough for one of you guys to confirm my UK devices are similar to EU ones you are already aware of/familiar with? Well, I see this version in the table in jwmullally's comment on github at least.

If you would like an image of the 2.0.2 Build 20170509 Rel.58359 firmware, and can tell me how to extract it from the device without cracking it open, I will happily do so and send you the result.

But the upshot is, please could you help me find a factory image that should work on my devices?

Answering my own question, in case anyone else finds it and finds this answer useful: I flashed to OpenWrt 21.02.0 rc1 using one of jwmullally's factory images here https://github.com/jwmullally/openwrt_wpa8630pv2_patched_firmware/releases then upgraded to 21.02.1 using the stock sysupgrade file.

It's all good, I can now use the 5GHz DFS channels on these units!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.