I'm mostly done with my current Netgear Orbi setup, and prefer something which is a little bit more open. I have the following requirements:
- It needs to support at least AC speeds and be tri-band preferably
- Currently on a 1Gbit fiber connection, so prefer to get as close as possible to that speed
- It needs to look OKAYish (so no external antenna preferably, something that looks OK standing on a bookshelf)
- Full OpenWRT support of course, I intend to mesh things together, but likely will run some cable sooner or later
- "Cheap", eg. I probably need 2-3, so around 100$ max per device would be cool
Anyone got any ideas? I was already looking at the Asus Lyra devices, but would also need to pair it with a more "capable" router (which is hidden somewhere, so that one don't care about much looks wise).