Linksys WRT1900ACS - WIFI/ethernet ports not working

Hi,

I have a Linksys WRT1900ACS flashed with Lede 17.01.04 and I have trouble accessing the router using the web console/SSH. I tried the 30-30-30 method, firstboot, reset it 3 times after a 2 seconds boot - nothing seems to work. Trying to revert to factory image does not work, as the router cannot connect to the TFTP server:

Marvell>> run update_both_images
Using egiga0 device
TFTP from server 192.168.1.2; our IP address is 192.168.1.1
Filename 'linksys.img'.
Load address: 0x2000000
Loading: T T T T T T T T T T 
Retry count exceeded; starting again

The TFTP server on 192.168.1.2 was tested from another machine and it works as expected.

Also, during LEDE boot the following messages appear:

Failed to connect to the switch. Use the "list" command to see which switches are available.
Failed to connect to the switch. Use the "list" command to see which switches are available.
Press the [f] key and hit [enter] to enter failsafe mode
Press the [1], [2], [3] or [4] key and hit [enter] to select the debug level

and running swconfig list returns nothing.

I don't know what else to do to recover the router. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Paul

It sounds like something worse is going on, but to get TFTP working for me I had to put a switch between the two devices or they wouldn’t talk.

If you still have OEM or something working on one partition and serial access, why don’t you just tell it to boot that partition?

I have LEDE on both partitions. I'll try with a switch between router and laptop, but I don't have much hope. I cannot even ping the router from itself:

Marvell>> setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.1
Marvell>> ping 192.168.1.1
Using egiga0 device
ping failed; host 192.168.1.1 is not alive

I don't know if this is supposed to work though.

Serial access is the only way I can access the router.

Is name important (cobra.img)?

Not sure if this applies in your case, or if it applies at all anymore, but when the new WRT series first came out you had to reset before going back to stock if vlan was altered (scroll to flashing firmware openwrt >>> oem - flash).