Linksys EA8300 & Qualcomm IPQ4019

Hello everyone!

I am trying to setup my Linksys EA8300 as a wireless bridge for lan and repeater for wifi. The router has three radios. Two are AC and one is BGN. One of the AC radios is locked from 0 - 64 and the other is locked to 100+ channels. I have the wireless bridge for the lan devices working fine but when I try to add a network to the Qualcomm AC radio it says "wireless not associated" :

And I cannot get it to enable. I also get the following errors in the syslog:

Tue Dec 22 06:42:39 2020 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (5012): cat: can't open '/var/run/wifi-phy0.pid': No such file or directory
Tue Dec 22 06:42:39 2020 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (5012): WARNING (wireless_add_process): executable path /usr/sbin/wpad does not match process  path (/proc/exe)
Tue Dec 22 06:42:39 2020 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (5012): Command failed: Invalid argument
Tue Dec 22 06:42:39 2020 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (5012): Device setup failed: HOSTAPD_START_FAILED

I can also add a wifi network to the Generic BGN radio and it works fine but I would really like to use the other AC chip to repeat the wifi signal. By the way, I am new to all of this and so I'm not even sure if what I am trying to do is possible. Any help will be much appreciated!

Have you tried to simply get radio 0 just working as a regular Wi-Fi access point ?
Just to see if radio actually works.

So I actually got it working. I stayed up until like 4 AM and it seemed like I had to extra SSIDs until it worked. I'm not sure if its a bug or whats was going on. Anyways thanks for the reply!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.