Linkit Smart 7688 overlay

I build my own openWRT 18.2. and followed the LInkit tutorial to move data from the internal memory to the sdcard.
There's one point where i'm unsure what to do:

config 'global'
        option  anon_swap       '0'
        option  anon_mount      '0'
        option  auto_swap       '1'
        option  auto_mount      '1'
        option  delay_root      '5'
        option  check_fs        '0'

config 'mount'
        option  target  '/mnt/mmcblk0p1'
        option  uuid    '12ba01af-2a28-465f-b4f4-a7edb6abb06c'
        option  enabled '0'

config 'mount'
        option  target  '/mnt/sda1'
        option  uuid    '44E2-1C07'
        option  enabled '0'

the second config mount is not shown in the Linkit Tutorial. Where does it come from and do i have to leave it there or delete?

for other readers in future i also had to install opkg install libjson-c4.

The MediaTek source is not the same as OpenWrt and needs to be supported on their website or GitHub. It appears to be very outdated at this time.

I believe that OpenWrt supports the device directly https://openwrt.org/toh/seeed/linkit7688

1 Like

Whats ment with ‚direct suport‘?
Do you mean openWRT for Linkit Smart 7688 is already running on /overlay?
The linked page has no info about a boot to sdcard...

The MediaTek Linkit firmware is not OpenWrt. While it is based on an outdated, now-unsupported version (and known very insecure, as the kernel and application software hasn't been patched for years) of OpenWrt, it is not OpenWrt.

1 Like

Ah you missed that i built and flashed openWRT 18.xx
Im just following that tutorial to get the firmware from flash to sdcard so I think is not that dangerous.
What im asking, is why the mount sda1 part is in that file: vi /etc/config/fstab

Ah, OK, my apologies.

sda1 (or similar) is typically how a USB-attached (micro)SD reader responds. The "sd" there probably doesn't have anything to do with it being an SD card, but I'm guessing comes from "SCSI Disk", which goes back to the history of the drivers.

It looks like the linked article is basically setting up "extroot" -- see also