Line Mode:G.993.5 (VDSL2 with down- and upstream vectoring)

I have a working VDSL2 SV line but I can't get a configuration that works I know I need VLAN 7 for Germany. But I have no idea how to enter it in the configuration.

Connect: pppoe-wan <--> dsl0.7
Remote message: Access denied 61
PAP authentication failed

That depends on your ISP and/or who operates the DSLAM. Sure Deutsche Telekom requires VLAN7 on links they operate (so if you are a DT customer you will need to set VLAN7) or "sell" to other ISPs that resell these to end customers (can be any of WIA, L3-BSA, L3-BSA, with BSA expanding to bit stream access, if you have any such link you will need to set VLAN7).
But if you get the VLAN wrong you will just get a "PADO" timeout, while a "PAP authentication failed" error seems to indicate that either the user name or the password are not in the ISPs user database...

It is O2 which uses the VLAN but via telekom how does a standard configuration file for a VLAN7 look like this would work here

config dsl 'dsl'
option annex 'b'
option tone 'av'
option xfer_mode 'ptm'
option ds_snr_offset '0'
option firmware '/lib/firmware/vr9-B-dsl.bin'

config interface 'wan'
option ifname 'dsl0.7'
option proto 'pppoe'
option username 'x'
option password 'x'

config switch
option name 'switch0'
option reset '1'
option enable_vlan '1'

config switch_vlan
option device 'switch0'
option vlan '7'
option ports '0 1 2 4 6t'

Here is my /etc/config/network from last year (last time I used my HH5A as DSL-router, after that I just used it as bridged modem):

config dsl 'dsl'                                                                                                                                                                                    
        option xfer_mode 'ptm'                                                                                                                                                                      
        option annex 'b'                                                                                                                                                                            
        option tone 'bv'                                                                                                                                                                            
        option line_mode 'vdsl'                                                                                                                                                                     
        option ds_snr_offset '0'                                                                                                                                                                    
        option firmware '/etc/config/vr9-B-dsl.fb7490-labor-75736.bin'                                                                                                                              

config device 'ptm_dev'                                                                                                                                                                             
        option type '8021q'                                                                                                                                                                         
        option mtu '1500'                                                                                                                                                                           
        option mac 'C8:91:F9:30:88:89'                                                                                                                                                              
        option vid '7'                                                                                                                                                                              
        option ifname 'dsl0'                                                                                                                                                                        
        option name 'dsl0.7'                                                                                                                                                                        

config interface 'wan'                                                                                                                                                                              
        option proto 'pppoe'                                                                                                                                                                        
        option ipv6 '1'                                                                                                                                                                             
        option pppd_options 'debug'                                                                                                                                                                 
        option _orig_ifname 'ptm0.101'                                                                                                                                                              
        option _orig_bridge 'false'                                                                                                                                                                 
        option username 'DSL0000000000000@s00.bbi-o2.de'                                                                                                                                            
        option password 'PASSWORD'                                                                                                                                                                  
        option ifname 'dsl0.7'                                                                                                                                                                      

config device 'wan_dev'                                                                                                                                                                             
        option macaddr 'c8:91:f9:30:88:89'                                                                                                                                                          
        option name 'dsl0'                                                                                                                                                                                                   

I only used the modem for a short while as full dsl router, and the last time with OpenWrt 19.07.3, so things might look different today...

Have a look at /etc/ppp/options:

root@turris:~# cat /etc/ppp/options
debug
logfile /srv/pppd_logs/ppp.log
noipdefault
noaccomp
nopcomp
nocrtscts
lock
maxfail 0

note the debug and the logfile /srv/pppd_logs/ppp.log stanzas? These will generate a more verbose log under logfile /srv/pppd_logs/ppp.log (or rather where you direct it to) which can be help ful in debugging PPPoE issues. Please note this log can grow quite a bit, so only enable if your router has enough room, or better do not enable, and just use debug. You can extract the most recent pppd debug messages via logread | grep -e pppd.
If you post the output of logread | grep -e pppd I will have a look at it, just make sure the redact username and password (passeord should be already redacted, but the username is in the open).

1 Like

Thanks for the info. The problem was not the configuration because it works as described by hippie2000 and rubberduck (AVM FRITZ! Box Fon WLAN 7360 (SL)) what has now turned out is that the ISP was to blame.

He said by my static IP which has also changed by my move would cause a rare problem which took a week to fix it. :joy:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.