- downloaded lede-17.01.0-r3205-59508e3-x86-64-combined-ext4.img.gz and convert it to qemu to vmdk format
- create a vm in esxi6.0u2 , other linux 64bit, 1 core, 512MB ram, same config. as openwrt 15cc what I have been using almost 1 year. And added two NICs to it, one is for subnet , one for wan connection
- I start the vm and got loop rebooting, from the console , I can see
preinitp: segfault at 7fb45a3d5860 ip 00007fb9270f26af sp xxxxxxx error 4 in libc.so[xxxxxxx+68000]
- give the vm 2 cpu cores, above issue is gone.
- make some initial settings for let the LEDE connect to internet
- opkg install some ipk then i get error as the picture shown, and I don't know how to solve it.
The vm host has around 2TB spare space.
I simulate above steps on a clean openwrt 15.5 vm, everything is fine. So I think there is some bug for LEDE x64 version or it has compatibility with esxi 6.0 u2 , maybe ?