Lede and Shadowsocks

Hello,

I am unable to use shadowsocks on Lede. I have installed shadowsocks, chinadns, luci-app-shadowsocks, and from openwrt-dist and followed this guide.

I am unable to start shadowsocks via the LUCI app and must start it from the command line. I am able to start it from the command line and there are no error messages seen in the terminal.

When trying to browse to a restricted site the page times out.

I have verified the shadowsocks authentification details I am using are correct.

Lede version is 17.01.4, r3560-79f57e422d
Router is Linksys WRT1900 ACS

If anyone can offer any advice it would be much appreciated.

May need to set up a cron job to start it.

You might try using Fiddler or Wireshark to see what is happening with the packets when the page times out.

After uninstalling and reinstalling shadowsocks-libev and luci-app-shadowsocks I am able to turn on and off shadowsocks from Luci. It seems I had the wrong version of the Luci app installed.

However I am still not able to access the internet via shadowsocks.

Can anyone confirm my configuration files appear correct?

Here (pastebin) is my config for Shadowsocks. Here the config for DHCP.

I used wireshark to capture packets but I must admit I don't know what I'm looking for.

What happened to the package "shadowsocks-libev"?

Getting an error when I try to install it...

root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install shadowsocks-libev
Unknown package 'shadowsocks-libev'.
Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package shadowsocks-libev.
root@OpenWrt:~#

Are you using the latest (18.06.x)? (if not, consider updating)

Shadowsocks is now installed by component level packages as follows:

root@OpenWRT:~# opkg list | grep shadowsocks

luci-app-shadowsocks-libev - git-18.228.31946-f64b152-1 - LuCI Support for shadowsocks-libev
luci-app-shadowsocks-libev - git-18.216.65174-3d5d9dc-1
shadowsocks-client - 0.6-b59d754f838213d60b908aed0b7d4d5a81f273e2 - shadowsocks client for router
shadowsocks-libev-config - 3.1.3-2 - shadowsocks-libev config scripts
shadowsocks-libev-ss-local - 3.1.3-2 - shadowsocks-libev ss-local
shadowsocks-libev-ss-redir - 3.1.3-2 - shadowsocks-libev ss-redir
shadowsocks-libev-ss-rules - 3.1.3-2 - shadowsocks-libev ss-rules
shadowsocks-libev-ss-server - 3.1.3-2 - shadowsocks-libev ss-server
shadowsocks-libev-ss-tunnel - 3.1.3-2 - shadowsocks-libev ss-tunnel

Note that shadowsocks-client is another ss client providing only ss-local functionality. The package is not actively maintained and will not appear in the next release.

You are using luci-app-shadowsocks from https://github.com/shadowsocks/luci-app-shadowsocks which is different app from the one in https://github.com/openwrt/luci/tree/master/applications/luci-app-shadowsocks-libev

Please open an issue in project page of shadowsocks/luci-app-shadowsocks . Thank you