LEDE and coova-chilli problem

Hi everyone

I'm having a problem with coova-chilli and all LEDE version on TP-Link WR841v11.

For a long time i was using OpenWRT (chaos calmer) with coova-chilli in TP-Link WR841v11 (4M flash 32 M RAM) without any problems but now i'm trying to upgrade my Routers to LEDE. The coova-chilli package it seems to be the same (1.3.1-svn) for LEDE and OpenWRT.

When i use LEDE and try to start coova-chilli the Router crash and restart automaticly.

I've proved LEDE 17.01.0/1/2/3/4 with the same result. Also i've used the same hardware and configuration to prove it.

In adition i only installed the necesary packages in a custom image.

I've tryed to use coova-chilli 1.4 from git and it's the same thing, the router crash

I don't know why it works with OpenWRT and not with LEDE, any clues?

It's a memory thing? LEDE consumes more memory? is there anything i can do to solve it?

Thaks
Regards

It might indeed be a memory pressure issue, 32 MB RAM is very little these days and not enough to run current software reliably (even less of you install a lot of additional packages). See 432_warning for details.

Thanks for the answer slh

So it's well known that LEDE use more RAM memory than OpenWRT?

It's there anything i can do to reduce the memory usage and solve the problem?

Now i'm using the build root system to generate a custom imagen with this package selecction:

PACKAGES="base-files busybox dnsmasq dropbear firewall fstools hostapd-common -ip6tables iptables iw -jshn -jsonfilter kernel kmod-ath kmod-ath9k kmod-ath9k-common kmod-cfg80211 -kmod-crypto-aes-kmod-crypto-arc4 -kmod-crypto-core kmod-gpio-button-hotplug -kmod-ip6tables kmod-ipt-conntrack kmod-ipt-core kmod-ipt-nat -kmod-ipv6 -kmod-ledtrig-usbdev kmod-lib-crc-ccitt kmod-mac80211 kmod-nf-conntrack -kmod-nf-conntrack6 kmod-nf-ipt -kmod-nf-ipt6 kmod-nf-nat kmod-nf-nathelper kmod-nls-base -kmod-ppp -kmod-pppoe -kmod-pppox kmod-slhc -kmod-usb-core -kmod-usb2 -libblobmsg-json libc libgcc libip4tc -libip6tc libiwinfo libiwinfo-lua -libjson-c -libjson-script liblua libnl-tiny libubox libubus libubus-lua libuci libuci-lua libxtables lua -luci -luci-app-firewall -luci-base -luci-lib-ip -luci-lib-nixio -luci-mod-admin-full -luci-proto-ipv6 -luci-proto-ppp -luci-theme-bootstrap mtd netifd -odhcp6c odhcpd opkg -ppp -ppp-mod-pppoe procd rpcd swconfig uboot-envtools ubox ubus ubusd uci -uhttpd -uhttpd-mod-ubus usign wpad-mini"

As you can see no luci, ipv6, ppp packages are used. Can i remove more packages?

In the other hand i'm thinking if i can disable not necessary kernel modules, is there any? How can i do it?

Of course when i have to buy a new router i'll search one with 64 MB RAM minimum :slight_smile: .

Thanks again

Regars