LAN port isn't set up automatically

Hey!

I have the following ports:

09:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82576 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Beijing Sinead Technology Co., Ltd. Device 0319
        Kernel driver in use: igb
0a:00.0 Ethernet controller: Red Hat, Inc. Virtio network device (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Red Hat, Inc. Device 1100
        Kernel driver in use: virtio-pci
0a:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82576 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Beijing Sinead Technology Co., Ltd. Device 0319
        Kernel driver in use: igb

The first port is WAN, the second and third are LAN ports. I am not having any issues with the second one (it goes up automatically), however the third one doesn't. I can use ip link set eth2 up to set it up automatically, however the device connected (another router) still isn't able to reach the internet.

How do I make OpenWrt set up the third LAN port?

Thanks a lot in advance
Tuxifan

What's the question?

You should probably create a new interface, and add it to the lan firewall zone.

1 Like

Is there a way to tell what PCIe ethernet controller is what network interface? 09:00.0 seems to be eth1 instead of eth0 even tho it clearly is the first controller...

Openwrt assigns interfaces based on when they're detected, if they're found in a different order (this happens), the names will shift.
There are some scripts posted on the forum, fixing this issue.

Try Ethernet port order and status on X86 or search for static interface names script, to find similar topics.

2 Likes

Thanks!!! That was it. The interface names simply kept on shifting. That seems to be solved now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.