Just bought a TP-Link archer a9 Advice Wanted Should I return it?

is it better then the c6v3? if so that's exactly what I'm looking for.

The Archer C6 is a mt76 dual core with 16/128 flash/ram running at 880mhz.

The Archer C2600 is a Qualcomm ipq806 dual core with 32/512 flash/ram running at 1400mhz.

In terms of hardware, the C2600 outperforms the C6.

1 Like

dose it outperform a NETGEAR R7800? And all can do wpa3 yes? and what's the difference between the C2600 and the AC2600?

The R7800 is a dual core ipq806, too, with 128NAND/512 flash/ram running at 1700mhz.

Both the C2600 and the R7800 have 2 USB 3.0 ports. The R7800 has more flash, but according to openwrt’s device page, some models have a quirk in the flash that needs edited via CLI in uci.

DO NOT get the AC2600. It’s a Broadcom chipset and you’ll shoot yourself in the foot because wifi is broken.

1 Like

Yes, WPA3 will work for both the C2600 and the R7800.

At this point in will be preference of price point for what you’ll pay to get one of them and whether or not your tech savvy enough to troubleshoot and fix the R7800 should the model you get have the flash quirk.

1 Like

So how hard is the R7800 to fix or how to avoid the revision with the quirks? at this point I'm between the R7800 and the c2600. and I assume both are about the same in how long they'll be supported. that modified version that uses the nss cores is it only for the c2600 or both? and is the c2600 better with that firmware then the R7800?

From what I’ve seen, Both models are supported with the NSS version. You can visit this page for more info.

Fixing the flash quirk for the R7800 appears relatively simple enough by following the instructions in it’s device page

You can review the C2600 device page here

EDIT: I misread the R7800. The quirk is if you’re compiling your own image and flashing the kernel. I’d suppose if you use any images found in the OpenWRT site/forum, you’ll be fine.

1 Like

Thanks, so it should be pretty bullet proof either way your saying? Basically just the NAND block thing?

Yes, and again per my edit, that NAND thing is if you compile your own image

1 Like

ok so if I ever do I just have to do what is says on the page to set the flags right so it will compile?

Exactly right

1 Like

So I guess I'm going to go with the netgear Nighthawk R7800. more people here tend to use the tp-link though right? or are they both about as common? and is there a disadvantage in using the nss build other then it being harder to set up, like is it stable?

I think they’re both equally used among OpenWRT users. If one is used more than the other, it’s probably the R7800 for its bigger flash size. The person who setup the NSS build actively updates their repo and images and stability seems to be a top priority. I used one of the master snapshots and have had 30+ days uptime.

1 Like

I see there's more then one version of the r7800 do they all work with openwrt? Also same goes for the c2600 do all hard revis work?

Page editors are pretty resilient in my experience and if there’s any faults/quirks with model versions, they are listed on the device page. If nothing is mentioned regarding the versions of a device, then I assume all versions are good. Bugs are reported very quickly and fixes happen just as quick most of the time. OpenWRT developers/community is by far the best experience I’ve had with open source firmware. I’ve used tomato and dd-wrt in the past and neither have been “on top of the game” like OpenWRT has been.

1 Like

Just Bought this, seems to be the right one.

have no clue what the -100NAS part means I get what NAS means less so the 100 part. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just to be clear above's the correct one right?

Yea, it’s a R7800 model. You should be good to go

1 Like

Thankyou I don't want another one that's not right. Any configuration tips for the R&7800 for speed, range, etc?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.