Issues with loading random apps on desktop and mobile

I'm new to this and I don't know what to say other than blurt out the issue. This only became an issue a few days post install.

Reddit.com will only load on my desktop when I have set the wireless network to randomize the mac address. This seems to have fixed that issue, but I'm not sure why it's needed.

On my phone I use the app "Slide" for Reddit, "Tinfoil" for Facebook, and "Messages" for SMS/MMS. These apps will not work over wifi. The default setting on my phone, which uses GrapheneOS, is to randomize the mac. This tells me the desktop solution is not the mobile solution. I have tried different combinations of mac settings with no success. The only way to make it work is to turn off wifi.

Please let me know if there's any other information I can provide and thank you for your help.

Edit: This began after installing OpenWRT, which is why I believe the problem manifested it self through OpenWRT or some other coincidence on two devices.

Serious (read: zero) lack of information, unable to provide any kind of help.

Have you tried watering the parrot?

1 Like

How is your problem related to OpenWrt?

I'm assuming because it started after I installed OpenWRT.

I asked to let me know if there's any other information I can provide, but instead you chose sarcasm. Appreciate you.

Other?
You didn't provide any at all, except that "it doesn't work".

If you go to the doctor, do you walk in and say

"I'm sick, doc, fix me.", and nothing else?

1 Like

What @frollic is trying to say is that you didn't so much as mention what router you have, let alone what OpenWrt-version you installed, what you've done to it, what your current settings are, what your network setup is, have you tried with Ethernet -- there just isn't enough information here to tell you anything.

Maybe we can figure out your problem, if you give all the details above.

1 Like