Issue Accessing Local Network Devices Through Tailscale on OpenWRT

Hello,

I'm having trouble accessing devices on my local network through Tailscale on my OpenWRT router. Internet access through Tailscale on my iPhone works fine, but I can't reach local IP addresses such as 192.168.1.1. Interestingly, some local network features like streaming audio from YouTube to my HomePod, which is connected to the OpenWRT router, do work even when I am connected via 4G.

Here are the steps I've taken:

1. Enabled masquerading and set both incoming and outgoing traffic to ACCEPT in the Tailscale firewall zone on OpenWRT.
  2. Confirmed that forwarding rules between the Tailscale and LAN zones are allowed.
  3. Checked the OpenWRT routing table (ip route), which seems correct.

One more observation: While connected to Tailscale, I am able to cast audio from YouTube to my HomePod. This seems to indicate that some level of local network functionality is working.

I suspect there may be a conflict between WireGuard VPN and Tailscale or an issue with firewall settings. Could there be specific ports or protocols that are allowed which enable the HomePod connection but block other types of traffic? Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance