ISP Change to O2 no Connection

Hello everyone,
I installed Openwrt in a Xiaomi AX3600 and used IT as a FTTH Router in combo with the Telekom Glasfaser-Modem 2.
Works as a Charm.

Now I changed my ISP to O2,
I tiped in the new Username and Password for the PPPoE but i have No Internet Connection... I only get to "Anschlussinfo.de"

My Interfaces seem to Work:

Does anyone know If i have to change Something in the config?
In just found openwrt config for Telekom, but as the FTTH-Box and the Modem ist the Same, it should be the same or?
Thank you very much.
Greetings Michael

This guide may help:

2 Likes

Just to be sure we're all on the same page.

So you had Dt. Telekom ftth working and your switch to O2 retains the same ftth fibre and the same ONT/ media_converter (is it AON or GPON)? Or does your O2 line come over VDSL (open access over ftth exists, but isn't that common)?

You may have to configure a different VLAN tagging for O2, depends on the details.

What has O2 provided you with in terms of configuration guidance?
Can you get it to work somehow (different router, PC connected directly, etc. pp.)?

https://www.glasfaserforum.de/ may have some information about your constellation.

2 Likes

You do have an IP address, but instead of being routed to the Internet, your line is "bounced" to a "captive" page because your subscription is not complete. This is something that must be resolved with the ISP. The router configuration is likely correct.

3 Likes

Did you receive an activation link to register the modem for your new contract (using "Modem-ID" and "Glasfaser-ID")? From what I can find online, it should be accessible from the o2 customer portal. If you haven't received one, or if you already completed it, I would also suggest contacting them to look at the issue.

1 Like

@antonk thank you, but i already checked the Page unfortunatly there ist Not much Information about O2 as a ISP with a Fiber Connection.

@slh AFAK it is a GPON...

I live in a detached house and we have a fibre optic socket in the basement to which Glasfaser-modem 2 is connected.

The modem LED is now flashing, which means that a connection is no longer being established.

The fibre optic ID and the modem ID were queried during the installation process.
When I spoke to customer support yesterday, they said I should set the router to O2FTTH, which is not possible with Openwrt (at least not through a dropdown :smiley: )

The letter of O2 states that the router should be VLAN7-capable.
I also received a username and password
There ist a "VoIP PIN" in customer account, can I enter this somewhere (maybe as PLOAM in the Glasfasermodem 2)?

Many thanks for your help.

That suggest that you need option device 'wan.7', DHCP-client or PPPoE, depending on what the ISP has told you.

That 'should' only be needed to hook up the VoIP/ SIP 'landine' phone number (but you can't really do that in OpenWrt - unless you want to set up asterisk (you don't, believe me, you don't)), either in an SIP desk phone, your smartphone (android and iOS have SIP clients, which work, but not really great) or an SIP DECT base (a low-end AVM Fritz!Box can be used for this in IPoE mode, behind your OpenWrt router).

2 Likes

Each operator use a different VLAN, look up which one uses O2.

2 Likes

O2 in Germany uses the same VLAN7 as Deutsche Telekom does, to keep it simple. My take is that the issue is before vlans become relevant:

that smells like DT de-provisioned the glasfasermodem2 (the gpon ont) but O2 has not initiated the provisioning yet. Maybe because of process issues, maybe because the number for the glasfasermodem2 was not entered correctly at O2's system....

3 Likes

At the danger of stating the obvious, have you tried turning it off and on again? :wink:

No, I am serious about this, as the ONT might need that power cycle to request the new provisioning.

1 Like

Thank you very much for all the answers!
There were two mistakes.
First like you said, O2 didn't initiated the provisioning...
But I also had to change my config (as described in the ISP Configurations), after i added the switch_vlan it worked:

config interface 'wan'
	option device 'wan.7'
	option proto 'pppoe'
	option username '*****'
	option password '*****'
	option ipv6 'auto'

config interface 'wan6'
	option device 'wan'
	option proto 'dhcpv6'

config device
	option type '8021q'
	option vid '7'
	option name 'wan.7'

config switch_vlan
	option device 'switch0'
	option vlan '7'
	option ports '1t 6t'
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.