Is TP-LINK TL-WR743N/ND still supported?

I have OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09 installed on a TP-LINK TL-WR743N/ND. I'd like to update the firmware to a more recent release but cannot figure out which image to download. Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Here's the system info:

root@OpenWrt:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo 
system type             : Atheros AR7240 rev 2
machine                 : TP-LINK TL-WR741ND
processor               : 0
cpu model               : MIPS 24Kc V7.4
BogoMIPS                : 232.24
wait instruction        : yes
microsecond timers      : yes
tlb_entries             : 16
extra interrupt vector  : yes
hardware watchpoint     : yes, count: 4, address/irw mask: [0x0000, 0x0990, 0x0148, 0x0148]
ASEs implemented        : mips16
shadow register sets    : 1
kscratch registers      : 0
core                    : 0
VCED exceptions         : not available
VCEI exceptions         : not available

https://openwrt.org/toh/views/toh_fwdownload?dataflt[Model*~]=tl-wr743

1 Like

If you look carefully at the data tmomas linked, you'll see that it's now on the "tiny" target meaning that LuCI no longer fits with an up-to-date kernel and current "basic" utilities.

Edit: My mistake, the "tiny" target, at this time, continues to include LuCI.

Given that Attitude Adjustment is over five years old now, an upgrade is definitely a wise approach given the number of security vulnerabilities in Linux, third-party utilities, and 802.11 itself found since then. Even on the tiny target, your device should still run as a wireless router though you'll have to configure and manage it through ssh.

1 Like

I installed the update from tmomas's link, and it seems to work just fine, including LuCI. Am I doing something wrong?

I see this in the footer: