Is OpenWrt Wiki on TP-Link TL-WA855RE v1 also goes for v2?

As said in the topic, is OpenWrt compatible also for TP-Link TL-WA855RE v2?

I have this devices (3) at my parents house and they doesn't have mesh functionality, Im looking for this function to be done with OpenWrt since they also have an Archer C60 v3.0 that's compatible with OpenWrt as said by https://openwrt.org/toh/hwdata/tp-link/tp-link_archer_c60_v3

Well, I have found some more info about this device at https://fccid.io/TE7WA855REV2/Internal-Photos/Internal-Photograph-3309470

Pretty much uses the same SoC as the v1 so the compatibility is almost straight forward (or with some minor adjustments).

Any help could be apreciated...

Seems WA855RE didn't make it to 19.07, which would indicate it's a 4mb flash device.

If that's the case, you're not going to be able to fit any additional modules onto the flash
unless you create your own image, and delete some unneeded stuff in the process.
Might gain some additional space by replacing ath10k with ath79 though.

Or you can confirm the flash size have increased in v2.

Ok, so today I was able to reach one of this devices, the RAM chip is a Zentec A3R56E40ABF-8E as it can be seen in the pic under this post, this chip as said on its datasheet, its a 256Mb DDRII Synchronous DRAM so there is plenty of space on this device.

256 Mbit, not Mbyte, and it's the RAM, not the flash, unless it's a combined chip.

If this helps, under this post again is the pic of the backside of the board and there is also a chip that in the picture may not be clear but is a 25032CS1G.

Reviewing my firsts posts, oh what a way to ask meaningless things and totally without knowledge regarding to what I have reached now, what a way to embarrass myself!

I apologize to users like @frollic who I know have great knowledge and for spending their time on these types of posts.

Since I couldn't see at the time that it was simply necessary to do a little research on the hardware by what anyone can see on the pictures I posted (well, to be honest with me, how would I achieve this if I didn't know the difference between RAM and flash memory at that time).

In any case, and for whoever comes to this post, this device is exactly the same as the TL-WA850RE v6, as well as it is equivalent to the TL-WA855RE v4, this three of them share exactly the same hardware:

SoC: MediaTek MT7628NN, 2x2:2, bgn (datasheet)
Flash Chip: GigaDevice GD25Q32CSIG, 4 Mb (datasheet)
RAM Chip: Zentel A3R56E40ABF-8E, 32 Mb DDR2 SDRAM @ 800 MHz (datasheet)

As it was said earlier, this devices since they have a MT7628N SoC that is a vastly known by the OpenWrt community and many, many devices shares the same one it's possible that it could be ported. However, since there is a well documented post on OpenWrt Wiki, all of them independently of their SoC shares the same achilles heel of only having 4 Mb flash space and its really old SoC on WiFi terms, so its not worth even trying, even if someone is able to run OpenWrt on such device he wouldn't have enough space to play around with it!

To finally close this topic, and answer the question with which I started it, I asked if the firmware of the v1 can also be applied to the v2, the answer is NO and it is because from the beginning both are not the same devices, the v1 it uses an Atheros QCA9533 SoC while the v2 uses the MediaTek MT7628N, so don't even try this!

Well not everything is over, I found out that this devices shares also the same specs of TP-Link TL-WR840N v6 which is indeed supported by an older version of OpenWrt who's firmware also works with this device! Maybe this could also be an opportunity for TL-WA850RE v6 and/or TL-WA855RE v4 as what was said earlier, this devices shares the same hardware specs.

There is a thread over the TL-WR40N v6 over here.

You may not do much on this devices but at least you may get the Fast Roaming feature!