Installing openpyn-nordvpn

Salutations!

Here is how I got openpyn-nordvpn running on my LinksysWRT3200ACM running OpenWRT 19.07.4

Prerequisites:
LinksysWRT 3200ACM exrooted for enough storage (I am using a 32gb sd card)

Steps:

1. Update and Install
opkg install git git-http iputils-ping procps-ng-pgrep python3 python3-pip sudo unzip wget
  1. Configure (if python asks you to upgrade go ahead I did)
cd /tmp/share/
git clone https://github.com/jotyGill/openpyn-nordvpn.git
cd openpyn-nordvpn/
git pull
pip3 install --upgrade setuptools
pip3 install --upgrade .
  1. Initialize
sudo openpyn --init
  1. Add custom firewall rules (via web page)
##openpyn-nordvpn
iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o tun0 -s **yourlanipaddress** -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -o tun0 -j MASQUERADE

1. Add this line to " /etc/config/network"
config interface 'tun0'
        option ifname 'tun0'
        option proto 'none'
  1. Reboot and Reload everything...

Not such a good idea. Since you have the vpn interface created in step 5 you can add it in wan firewall zone, or create its own zone.

But why do you need it? Standard openvpn-package suffices.

openpyn has alot of features that are very useful

had ( maybe still have ) a 5 year nord bundle... after a few months the speeds seemed to drop...( possibly isp ) plan was very cheap so can't complain too much and otherwise they were quite good ( except for the teddy bear indecent )...

something to keep an eye out for with nord ( speed drop after a while )...

Yea, I noticed that when I had my router configured manually. I guess because the server under a heavier user load. This makes it alot easier to switch and it chooses the fastest server automatically.

Abit overkill esp all those python modules. Looked at the scripts and cannot see where the DNS is tunnelled.
I baked my own using PBR , killswitch, DNS tunnelld, VPN connection status checked and roundrobin vpn profiles. Works with nordvpn/pia.

DNS was not tunneled I had to manually set the DNS no leaks here though!

It doesn't seem to be too heavy for my router to handle though I haven't stressed this router too much anyway...