Installing a package on netgear r7800, first steps

Hi,

First time posting so my apologies if this has been asked before.
I will tomorrow install openwrt on my netgear r7800 using tfpd64 gui.

My question is: to install wpad package, what version should I use?
I've seen the architecture of my router is arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4
but wpad only exists for aarch64_cortex-a72, arm_cortex-a7_neon-vfpv4 and x86_64, as per https://pkgs.org/download/wpad

I'm feeling I'm missing something here.

Also, I'll use the hnyman factory.img, as per Build for Netgear R7800 but I noticed there's also:
a luci.patch file (i assume this can be needed to access via web)
a packages.patch file (this might include the wpad package??)
a sysupgrade.bin file (improvements that can be installed maybe?? and if so, how to?)

My firefox tab is full of stuff related to this, i've been assimilating the information in the past 2 days, so if someone can provide some clarification on this it would be very welcomed.

wpad-basic (respectively wpad-basic-wolfssl in master) is preinstalled by default, if you need/ want a special variant, all other options are available for installing at runtime.

TLDR

Stock OpenWRT support the r7800, why not go for it, instead of a specific build(er) ?

It was recommended by someone on the forum topics, publicly.
Also the original openwrt 19.07 has a bin and an img file. I know the img file must be uploaded with tfpd64, but what about the bin? do I install it over the luci webgui, or is there a special procedure?

Indeed, the sysupgrade is usually installed via LuCI or via ssh/cli commands.

The patch files are there just for providing info on the source code changes.

You only need the factory image for installation, when the router currently runs the OEM firmware.

The sysupgrade bin file contains the same functionality and can be used for sysupgrading from a router already running OpenWrt.