Image Builder Problems

I have a pretty simple use case: I want to build an image with some pre-configured settings (IP address, disabling port 80, enabling port 443).

I'm able to build images using "make" (without parameters, or "make download world"), but:

a) make image fails (as does "make info")

make V=sc -j1 image PROFILE=linksys-e1200-v2 FILES=files/ 

make[1]: Entering directory '/openwrt/openwrt'

make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'image'. Stop.

make[1]: Leaving directory '/openwrt/openwrt'

/openwrt/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:216: recipe for target 'image' failed

make: *** [image] Error 2

make FILES=files/

works, but the script in files/etc/uci-defaults doesn't appear to be included

I've following the instructions for the Quick Build, did "make menuconfig" and pulled and installed the feeds. All the documentation seems to indicate that "make image" should work. What am I missing here?

O.K. I've figured out that the process I followed is for a full build/compile, and that I need to enable the creation of the ImageBuilder in make menuconfig in the main build directory if I'm doing that. Explains a lot, LOL.

Now, it fails here:

Collected errors:

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-b43.

Makefile:149: recipe for target 'package_install' failed

make[2]: *** [package_install] Error 255

Makefile:108: recipe for target '_call_image' failed

make[1]: *** [_call_image] Error 2

Makefile:192: recipe for target 'image' failed

make: *** [image] Error 2

I went and downloaded the Image Builder from the public repository for my targets instead, and it built an image without incident, and included a test file in FILES which was properly propagated... my script in uci-defaults seemingly isn't doing anything, but that's a separate problem.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.