Image Builder: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

"cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

except it is clearly there....

Heres the full error:

/media/SDStorage/builds/Openwrt-18.4/imagebuilder-ar71xx-arm-all/staging_dir/host/bin/.find.bin: error while loading shared libraries: /media/SDStorage/builds/Openwrt-18.4/imagebuilder-ar71xx-arm-all/staging_dir/host/bin/.find.bin: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/media/SDStorage/builds/Openwrt-18.4/imagebuilder-ar71xx-arm-all/staging_dir/host/bin/.opkg.bin: error while loading shared libraries: /media/SDStorage/builds/Openwrt-18.4/imagebuilder-ar71xx-arm-all/staging_dir/host/bin/.opkg.bin: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Installing packages...
/media/SDStorage/builds/Openwrt-18.4/imagebuilder-ar71xx-arm-all/staging_dir/host/bin/.opkg.bin: error while loading shared libraries: /media/SDStorage/builds/Openwrt-18.4/imagebuilder-ar71xx-arm-all/staging_dir/host/bin/.opkg.bin: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [Makefile:151: package_install] Error 127
make[1]: *** [Makefile:114: _call_image] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:193: image] Error 2

(SD does not stand for SD card btw)

The thing about this error is...the files definitely exist and have the right permissions...

$ ls -la /media/SDStorage/builds/Openwrt-18.4/imagebuilder-ar71xx-arm-all/staging_dir/host/bin | grep find
-rwxrwxr-x 1 pi pi     197 Oct  6 17:20 find
-rwxrwxr-x 1 pi pi  157083 Oct  6 17:20 .find.bin
-rwxrwxr-x 1 pi pi     199 Oct  6 17:20 findfs
-rwxrwxr-x 1 pi pi  287407 Oct  6 17:20 .findfs.bin
$ ls -la /media/SDStorage/builds/Openwrt-18.4/imagebuilder-ar71xx-arm-all/staging_dir/host/bin | grep opkg
-rwxrwxr-x 1 pi pi     197 Oct  6 17:20 opkg
-rwxrwxr-x 1 pi pi  133283 Oct  6 17:20 .opkg.bin

If I open one with nano, it loads fine:

[ Read 1930 lines (Converted from Mac format) ]

And clearly it is in binary, but with the ELF header, starting like this:

^?ELF^A^A^A^@^@^@^@^@ .................

As for possible reasons...

• I am compiling on a Raspberry Pi 4
  • I understand the image builder is publically available in x86_64 only, so I compiled my own along with a generic set of images
  • The drive I am using is external, and is mounted through fstab with the following options: defaults,auto,users,rw,exec,nofail,x-systemd.device.timeout=10

This one really puzzles me, as the files are clearly there, any ideas?
Is the length of the file paths too long or something?

Hmmm, that seems pretty clear to me.

Fire up a VM of a reputable 64-bit Linux distro (Debian is my personal choice and apparently what the buildbots run) on an x86_64-based system, if you don't have a dedicated x86_64 Linux-based OS running.

1 Like

Just to add to @jeff's reply. Both Google Cloud and Oracle Cloud give you free forever instances of small VMs which can totally be used to run the image builder/SDK builds.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.