I might have bricked my EX3700

Good afternoon
This is my first post on the forum and I am completely new to OpenWrt. I wanted to install OpenWrt on my Netgear EX3700 WiFi Extender so I downloaded the specified build, managed to get a laptop to successfully log in to the EX3700 and changed the password and attempted to set things up as the instructions said. I needed to change the static IP address to the host to which is how I have my DSL Modem / Router set up, and subnet to I tried multiple times to save and apply and kept getting a fault. I started doing tings one at a time and eventually it said it could no longer connect (which I expected since I was changing the Static IP address. but I was not able to log back in at the new address. it could not find it. I assumed I bricked the ex3700 so I found the previous advice from another thread: "https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/troubleshooting/vendor_specific_rescue#manufacturer-generic_firmware_recovery_procedures"
I downloaded the netgear firmware and attempted to use the TFTPd64 software to flash it back to the DX3700 per the instructions but was never able to get it to actually load. The SW froze up at block #0 and I had to push the break button to get it to respond again. Now I'm stuck as to what to do besides a trash can.