I have wrt3200 can someone help for get usb drive working?

tried to connect my external drive like i had before on linksys stock firmware to the USB port in the 3200 but i can't see the USB drive in my PC

can some one help me to fix it

team viewer will very helping for remote control my pc

here are the info

Firmware Version LEDE Reboot 17.01.4 r3560-79f57e422d / LuCI lede-17.01 branch (git-17.290.79498-d3f0685)
Kernel Version 4.4.92

thanks guys

See this section of the LEDE User Guide...

https://lede-project.org/docs/user-guide/start#storage_devices

hello ,thanks for reply my friend

i see this user guide before asking here, but cant make it work!! there is something that maybe i am do wrong

if i will flash this file FW_WRT3200ACM_1.0.6.181063_prod

that i download it from linksys site

i will be able to get back to stock firmware ?

it can be risk maybe to get brick?

i must have this external USB drive connected so if there is no choice i think i go back to stock firmware

I wouldn't go back to the stock fw... if you get used to Lede/Openwrt you will never look back, trust me.
First of all i would suggest to install davids latest build on your wrt-3200: https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/
All the needed packages are pre installed and it shouldn't be too difficult to mount your USB drive and setup a network share.

https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/usb-storage-samba-webinterface
You could also check out some howto youtube videos... i'm pretty sure you will get it done :wink:

@mataniluz It's highly recommended anyone flashing 3rd party software to buy a USB-TTL cable, so much so, it's the 2nd bullet in the WRT AC Series Wiki.

For USB, the LEDE wikis linked to above are lacking...

1. Install kmods for USB storage support

• opkg update ; opkg install kmod-usb-core kmod-usb-storage kmod-usb-storage-extras kmod-usb-ehci kmod-usb2 usbutils
  2. Install the appropriate kmod for the filesystem on the drive

• opkg install e2fsprogs kmod-fs-cifs kmod-fs-exfat kmod-fs-ext3 kmod-fs-ext4 ntfs-3g ntfs-3g-utils
  3. Follow the Using Storage Devices Wiki

kmod-usb-storage-extras is useless.

thanks for your help

can you please help with teamviewer to fix the drive issue on lede build?

i will very appreciate it

I would be very careful about allowing anyone you don't know to connect remotely to your system.

1 Like

kmod-usb-storage-extras adds kernel support for drivers required by certain USB drives, so no, it is not useless.

No, not a chance... this is not difficult, you've been provided with the exact commands required, and there's multiple wikis to walk you through it.

• If one is unwilling to help themselves, do not expect others to do so.

so i finally strat to see my drive 2 tb usb3.0

but i cant see it in my network /pc
what could be the problem ?

or i forgot something?

the hard drive is connected on port USB2 on the linksys3200

please help

thanks for all

Ok, so it was never an issue about USB support, but sharing the drive across your network... looks like you have to install and configure SAMBA.

1 Like

thanks for reply

i already install them
what to do now?

See this section in the LEDE User Guide...

https://lede-project.org/docs/user-guide/samba_configuration#smb_samba_share_overview_aka_windows_file_sharing

@mataniluz If you are looking for something that works out of the box, if you are not willing to try and experiment, if you do not like the do-it-yourself philosophy, if you do not want to search and read... then OpenWrt / LEDE is definitively not for you; you are going to waste a lot of your time and get frustrated.

i can see the drive sda1 in Mounted file systems...
when i checked with ls /mnt
i can see sda1

but something isn't work for me in the samba guide i don't get it what i'm doing wrong

when i try to paste this

config 'samba'
option 'name' 'lede'
option 'workgroup' 'lede'
option 'description' 'Samba on lede'
option 'charset' 'UTF-8'
option 'homes' '0'
option 'interface' 'loopback lan'
im getting
-ash: config: not found
for all

samba36-server are installed

i'm start to get understand how it working i don't want to stop
i try to give it one last chance
if it will not work for me
how i get back to stock version
i was try to flash this file FW_WRT3200ACM_1.0.6.181063_prod from linksys website

and get an error that the file inst firmware file

thanks for helping me

The Linksys firmware file should have .img at the end.

However, some Linksys routers have dual partitions, one of which should contain the original Linksys firmware...

https://lede-project.org/docs/user-guide/vendor_specific_rescue#dual_firmware_partition

@mataniluz Why is it you've refused to read the documentation made available to you, of which would answer every single issue you've brought up in this thread?

Since @mataniluz can't seem to help them themselves, I recommend everyone stop responding to this thread, as one who refuses to help themselves should not be having others taking time out of their day to help them.

• As I stated earlier: If one is unwilling to help themselves, do not expect others to do so"

It is totally up to everybody responding to this topic how to use their time. There's no need for recommendations like this.

If you can't stand people not acting as instructed, then don't read this thread or don't read this forum at all.

1 Like

This is not meant to be pasted at the prompt, but rather in /etc/config/samba.

Thanks for your help im really appreciate it
And all others @jwoods @eduperez