I have small problem

hello all how are you?
i hope you all fine.
i have A question.
iam using a openwrt 19.07.4 on tl-wr840n V4
my internet campany use L2TP for internet. (ADSL) so i cant use internet in my modm without this
and as you know This service is not found by default on the openwrt. I must install it
all people in youtube or google go to system, software and there write ppp-mod-pptp then ok and its install
but for me there is no update available, so i need to install this from outside and upload it

like i download every file in internet, newst one is
https://openwrt.pkgs.org/18.06/openwrt-base-x86_64/ppp-mod-pptp_2.4.7-13_x86_64.ipk.html
and all like give me same error:
Collected errors:

• pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for ppp-mod-pptp found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ppp-mod-pptp. of course i have accese to internet by wifi so iam using modem by ethernet

what i should do?
tell me please
thank you

Can't you just connect your Router shortly to the internet (e.g. via the hotspot of your phone)? And then install the package? Because installing the single package will not help as it will pull several dependencies.

You downloaded the wrong packages. You would need to take from the 19.07.04 version and the one for your architecture.
https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/19.07.4/packages/mips_24kc/base/

4 Likes

In fact, there is the Internet, but the modem site did not interact with it
thank you for link i found it there
but same massage........

there is no other way to use l2tp
or maybe i should install old ver of openwrt in modem?
In fact, I did all this just to be able to open a port because the telecom company is blocking it completely, and I want to open a server for me and my friends to play.

thank you

There are two options:

• you find some way to get your router online without l2tp, at least temporarily (e.g. WLAN tethering to a phone), and "update lists" before installing the necessary packages you'll need for your final configuration
  • or you use imagebuilder to include all necessary package into the sysupgrade image and flash that

The third option of manually uploading all necessary packages via scp is also possible, but much more complicated (as you need to provide all indirect dependencies as well).

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.