How to update IP to OpenDNS using DNS-O-Matic

Looks like you really do not read.

leowkahman.com instruction says to create a
custom- DDNS Service provider

I did not use the DDNS service provider in the plugin. It solved the problem. Also I

1. Set hostname to dnsomatic.com

I told you that already in Post No. 11. So that's not what I'm talking about.

Please answer my question.

AND HOW DID YOU EDIT THE URL???

• You stated the Wiki said not to use all.dnsomatic.com...
  • you told me I was a troll
  • then you provided instructions that used all.dnsomatic.com...

SO, HOW DID YOU EDIT IT?

Don't tell me I don't read.

:smile:

Can someone replicate @kampua's directions on the 3rd party link, with/without using the DNS-O-Matic hostname API parameter all.dnsomatic.com - so we can update the Wiki?

Also try the hostname parameter dnsomatic.com, as @kampua vaguely eludes that this may be the correct value for it...but won't confirm by pasting the full URL.

He doesn't seem to understand the problem.

Or, if he WISHES TO PASTE THE EDITED URL or the working DDNS config (instead of saying I didn't read), THAT WILL BE OK TOO.

There's also an official FAQ:

1 Like

But...do you see the problem @vgaetera?

The official instructions (which I also posted) - conflict with the OpenWrt Wiki. That started this original confusion. Also, I think the issue between the:

• domain name; and
  • the hostname API parameter

all.foo

Screenshot%20from%202019-04-15%2011-07-18

1 Like

From what I see, that "never use" note applies to domain option and dated "2015-07-28".
While we also have lookup_host option supposedly since LEDE 17.01.

1 Like

You probably had the same issue I had. Some time ago, dns-o-matic changed its login credentials to those from OpenDNS. Anyway, its url, that it's used by the openwrt script, doesn't support HTML reserved characters for password see it here.

You need to change your OpenDNS password one compatible. It must have one or more special characters, though. I would suggest ^

I updated the outdated information on OpenWRT Wiki.

1 Like