How to solve "Warning: your configuration is out of sync. Please run make menuconfig, oldconfig or defconfig!"

So, i just got my Job developing OpenWRT.

My boss gave me a full SDK with old version of firmware.
This firmware has some bugs and my current job is to figure out what's the exact bug is happening. Then, he will give me the full SDK with lastest firmware with known bugs are fixed, then compare how i fixed and how it's fixed already.

i'm with old SDK and i tried to compile a firmware using
make V=s
then i can see following errors

Warning: your configuration is out of sync. Please run make menuconfig, oldconfig or defconfig!
make[1]: Entering directory /[oldSDK]
export MAKEFLAGS= ;make -w -r package/index
export MAKEFLAGS= ;make -w -r diffconfig
export MAKEFLAGS= ;make -w -r checksum
make[1]: Leaving directory `/[oldSDK]`

i've already checked this topic

says i can use these commands.

make defconfig clean
make target/linux/compile
make package/kernel/linux/compile

each commands says

make defconfig clean

#
# configuration written to .config
#
 make[1] clean

make target/linux/compile

Warning: your configuration is out of sync. Please run make menuconfig, oldconfig or defconfig!
 make[1] target/linux/compile

make package/kernel/linux/compile

make[1] package/kernel/linux/compile
make -r package/kernel/linux/compile: build failed. Please re-run make with -j1 V=s to see what's going on

despite there is a error when i type make package/kernel/linux/compile, i just re-typed make command.

still i can see the messages like the first time i did it.

So i tried make package/kernel/linux/compile -j1 V=s and here is the message i can see.

make[1]: Entering directory '/[oldSDK]'
make[1]: *** No rule to make Target package/kernel/linux/compile. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/[oldSDK]'
make: *** [package/kernel/linux/compile] Error 2

what's the problem and what should i do?

i have the testing SDK, which make command works totally fine

my SDKs are running under Ubuntu, which is installed inside VMWare.
i've put my oldSDK inside VMWare's shared folder so i can access easily from my Windows OS. is this causing a problem?

other SDKs are inside Ubuntu, and works fine. i've already made up some my custom firmwares.

more, If i move my file which is inside Shared Folder to VMWare's Ubuntu, does this takes this long usually? it's taking more than 20 hours to move SDK from Shared Folder to Ubuntu's Desktop directory.