How to setup VDSL 2

hi i have bt home hub 5 type A, my isp is pakistan tele communication company, i 've been trying for a long time, i am not getting this modem setup i want to setup VDSL2

can someone help me???

While it can't help you with your particular ISP, https://openwrt.ebilan.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=266 will give you an overview. You'll have to source information about the requirements of your particular ISP locally, ideally from the ISP itself or other users - the principles are the same for any router (VLAN tagging, PPPoE credential format, etc.).

1 Like

thanks bro for your kind help

let you know

My issue at the moment is that this is what i see for my fonfiguration

config dsl 'dsl'
	option annex a'
	option xfer_mode 'ptm'
	option line_mode 'vdsl'

config interface 'wan'
	option proto 'pppoe'
	option username '***************
	option password '****'
	option mtu '1492'
	option ifname 'dsl0.10'  # VLAN ID: 10

where do i put my VLAN ID??

VLAN ID 10 is already in your config file !

(See section 9.1 of the installation guide for HH5a)

i don't know where to put VLAN ID, this i just copy pasted from ISP configuration

The config you have posted is using VLAN ID = 10 which according to Google is what is used by PTCL VDSL. ie. dsl0.10

Did you download and study section 9.1 of the OpenWrt installation guide for HH5a if you wish to make changes using LuCI ?
https://openwrt.ebilan.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=266

In your case, substitute the VLAN ID embedded in dsl0.101 with whatever ISP recommends:

(update: the guide has been updated to make it clearer where to enter the VLAN ID)

I think that you want config dsl 'dsl0' here to match the name dsl0 below. But I'm not sure of that. The dsl block should have been created automatically on first boot rather than manually entered.

Here is a syntax error (unmatched quote mark) that will crash the whole block if not the rest of the file.

I don't think that end of line comments are allowed either. Put comments on a separate line.

1 Like

bro this the configuration of my router

Are you planning to connect the Home Hub directly to the phone company using its built in DSL modem, or are you going to continue using a separate modem?

Home Hub directly to the phone company